March Stats - 18403 Pageviews from 8912 unique visitors. THE BEST EVER!!
Our most visited index pages, in order of popularity were:- ACCOMMODATION - ENQUIRY - INDEX - CLASSIFIEDS - BUSINESSES - INFORMATION - NEWSLETTER 148 - REAL ESTATE - NEWSLETTER 97 - NEWSLETTER 112 - ACTIVITIES - DINING - NEWSLETTER 123 - NEWSLETTER 157 - VENUES - NEWSLETTERS.
Site of the Month is Berlusconi on Whitaker and they receive a free direct click through and feature image from www.tearoha-info.co.nz to their website.
How to use Google Places for Local Search Engine Marketing
* Google has acknowledged that one out of five searches on Google is location related. This therefore translates to billions of “local” searches a month and is increasing by 50% per annum.
* For example, if you are a hypnotherapist in Northland, you want to show up when someone does a search for “hypnotherapist Whangarei” or some other variant of that. Setting up your Places page with your business positioned correctly can have a dramatic effect.
* A good Google Places listing can help your website rise in the search engine rankings, which in turn increases your power to make contact with new prospects and customers. Your places page can also be used to promote sales, events, discount coupons or anything else you desire.
* Google Places has now become an important marketing niche in it’s own right, with business consultants specializing in assisting businesses to use it properly.
But, rather than paying someone else to claim your Google Places spot, here are some tips to help you achieve this yourself...
To claim your Google Places page, simply go to www.google.com/places and work your way through the process, after reading the 7 tips below. You will need to create a Google account if you don’t have one, but it's simple, and free. For a detailed guide to the proper set up of your Places page, you can go to: http://support.google.com/places/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=142902
7 Tips to Help You Get Your Google Places & Other Local Search
1. Be consistent with how you list (type) your address and phone number. For example our street address is “80 Warner Park Avenue”, but if I use “80 Warner Park Ave” or “80 Warner Park Ave.” Google can read it as 3 different addresses.
Same applies with phone numbers. "(09) 817-9656" will be seen as being different than "09-817-9656," which is different again to "(09) 817 9656."
2. Use a local phone number
3. Be Consistent in How You List Your Company Name
Check your website to be sure you are consistent throughout your site. Then, do it the same way on your "Places" page, and your "Yellow" listing, and your “Localist” listing, and on any other sites you may have a listing.
4. Fill in Your Website's URL (address)
5. Post Reviews
6. Get Certification
7. Post Photographs or Videos, or Even Better, Both
These are only a few of the things you can to develop the effectiveness of your Places page.
Anyone can do these 7 things, even those without a lot of technical knowledge. But remember, if you don’t have time to do this yourself, WWW Design can sort this for you.